Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Auditions (yeay!)

In the past week I've had four auditions :). That brings me to an average of one audition a week (since I moved down), which ain't bad for someone without an agent (I think); I've even received call-backs for two of 'em. I'll now take two questions from the one actor I know reading this (my roommate):

1) How?

How what...the call-backs? Cause I'm f'n good. Oh! How'd I get the auditions. I've signed up with two websites, Now Casting and Actors Access (from Breakdown Services). The former charges $10/month, and the latter a flat fee of $60/year, which includes access to sides (pieces of the script used for auditioning, mom). There are numerous sites out there, but I believe these two are legit; I plan to also sign up with LA Casting.

2) What types of gigs?

Three of the four have been for films (short or feature), while one was for a stage performance. Unfortunately, even if get these they are all NON-PAYING (yes, donations from readers are accepted); however, if I find a project I believe in, I'll do it for the experience (and the food; it is true, most actors in LA work for food...but instead of cardboard signs on the street corner we carry headshots and wounded egos).

I spend maybe 30 minutes a day on the two websites trying to find roles that suit me. I'll continue to submit via these sites even after I get an agent, but will likely be a bit more selective. Right now, "food" is good enough compensation for my time.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hello hero! Nice blog. Sorry, I'm not an agent. Just a friends who's got similar dreams like mine. I like the "we carry headshots and burnt ego" :)

I'm proud of you. I would do anything to be in your shoes and live your life right only if i could figure rent money. You have no idea how lucky you are to have made it this far.

Will need those marketing skills from you one day.

love
/guni

1:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home