Tuesday, August 09, 2005

My first "print" audition

First off, for the one or two people who have found this blog (hi mom) , I'll be writing as often as I do something career related (that is both legal and moral). That should be everyday. But yeah...I kinda took a loong wkend.

Last Thursday I went to a print audition (so more of a modeling thing than an acting thing, but hey, it was going to pay well). I heard about it via email from a third party who found my picture on Hollywood Masala, a website/portal for South Asians in entertainment. Couple of impressions:

1) Cattle call - esque
2) Suuuper fast. Sign-in, get your number, get called, pose for one pic (holding the number, no less), pose for another pic, leave ("ahem...now").
3) Thought provoking. Not the audition itself per-se, but as I was getting in my car, I kept wondering if (IF) I got the gig, would I do it? I mean, do I believe in the company enough to represent it to other consumers? Even if only one person bought the product because they liked my smile (or the sale advertised next to it), would I feel good about that? Luckily, I didn't have to make this decision.

Though it would have been nice to.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home