Thursday, August 18, 2005

Marketing Marketing Marketing

Before I moved down here, I mused with my work colleagues that I was going to be starting a company in LA, with me as the product. I joked (hey, I thought I was funny), but now that I'm here, I'm realizing that's exactly what's happening.

Wednesday evening, I checked out an information session held by Sam Christensen, an "image and brand" guru. He called "product identity" the "PIN number" to a person's untapped potential (I know, it sounds kooky, but in context it made sense). He also called it the most important part of a marketing plan, and stressed the importance of marketing for actors.

As I think through the best way to get an agent, the best way to get in front of casting directors, and the best way to "make it happen", I'm beginning to think I should detail out a marketing plan and then launch a campaign for my brand--of course, after first figuring out my "product identity" (and let me tell you, it's not going to be the "t" word). Maybe I should have gotten an MBA before doing this whole acting thing....

Anyways, I need to spend the next couple of days thinking about this (and about how I'm going to afford all these classes; Sam's program is $695). For now, this is my working slogan: "Sundeep Ahuja...tastes great, less filling."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home