Wednesday, January 11, 2006

My 2006 plan...

...is simple: do everything different from 2005.

Sorta.

Here's what I'm thinkin:
1) No more mailing my headshots in response to audition notices. It takes a lotta time and so far has done zip-zero (stingy with dinero...sorry...Jay-Z? Anyone?) for me. Instead, for those roles that I really want and fit the part, drive my ass over to the Casting Director's (CD's) office and drop-off my headshot/resume personally (with hopes of meeting the CD). The goal will be to not get yelled at.

2) No more Howard Fine acting classes (for pilot season, anyways). Though extremely helpful, they require a lot of time, energy, and money. Instead, I'm gonna start CD workshops. Yes, I'll be paying for face time (which I take maaad issue with), but I've heard that people actually book out of these, as they help in building relationships with CDs. There are a couple of scams out there though; I'll have another post with what I find legit, and what's to quit. I'll hopefully re-join Howard's studio in May-ish.

3) No more turning down gigs. Pretty self-explanatory. My resume needs help.

4) No more Actor's Network. Though it's an incredibly helpful organization that I highly recommend, I'm going to try out another organization called The Actorsite. If I had the money, I'd do both. But I just like beer too much, so I don't.

5) No more B&W headshot. Gonna fix that this week, and go with this picture for now (unless I get hate mail from you). I've got headshots scheduled for the 17th, so hopefully I'll have better pix up by the end of the month.

6) No more targeting gigs outta my reach. Take pilot season for instance. I could potentially be making a heavy push for pilot auditions right now. But that would be a waste of time, as I'd get into the room, kick ass at the audition, and then not get called back cause some other desi-bhai has more on his resume. So while everyone is chasin the pilot dream, I'm gonna focus on co-star roles on TV shows. If I can book a couple of those this pilot season, I'll be able to call Q1 of 2006 a success. Q2-Q4, I'll celebrate the success of Q1, like all the other wannabes.

7) No more wasting time lookin for agents...cause I've already signed, sucka! (commercially, anyways...still debating theatrical offers). Now I'll be wasting my time building relationships with Casting Directors, the true gatekeepers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home