Friday, December 09, 2005

Demand creates Demand

Quick post that I probably shouldn't make, but I will anyways.

After I got the two offers for representation I mentioned in my last post, I began marketing those offers to other Agencies/friends to see if I could get meetings/referrals out of 'em--and I did. I have 3 more meetings over the next month. And it's not like I didn't contact these agencies/friends before; they just weren't interested (or interested in helping) until someone else was interested (btw, I've found this to be the case with investors too. And women.)

Also, I want to add a THING THE SIXTH to my previous post: cold calling. A couple of Fridays back, I called 74 agents (that's 74, people) to see who was accepting submissions from my "type" (ethnic). Thirty-six asked me to send 'em stuff (18 didn't answer, 3 were weird, and only 1 hung up on me). Anyways, I sent materials to the 36 and am waiting now to see what happens--but the moral here is that calling helped me avoid wasting my efforts on agencies that just weren't interested (wait...maybe they'll be interested now that I've got offers...).

1 Comments:

Blogger Seema said...

Sooo so so true... women, employers, investors, and apparently agents find you more desirable once someone else gives you their stamp of approval. Maybe then you're considered 'vetted.' :)

9:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home