Tuesday, January 10, 2006

I've signed commercially with AKA Talent

Went in yesterday and signed the paperwork. I have to shoot new headshots, and have to decide (by today) if I'm going to change my screen name, but then I'll be all set.

Yesterday was an interesting day though...quick story:

So after I got the offer from AKA on Friday, I was asked to cancel my other meetings--particularly one with another top agency.

But when I called them to cancel....

"Have you signed yet?"
"Umm...not yet, but--"
"--come in Monday morning. Don't sign yet. Just come in for a quick meeting"

Not wanting to set fire to water-crossing structures, I went in yesterday morning to meet an agent there (this really cool guy I met through The Actors Network, which is how I got the meeting btw), and another commercial agent joined us.

In 5 minutes, I had an offer.
A minute later, comparisons were being drawn between the two agencies.

I left their offices in a state of shock, as I was sitting on two offers from two top commercial agencies. I of course only got the second because I had the first, and I got the first because of some strong support (see previous post). Regardless, I had a decision to make.

After calling everyone from commercial casting directors to other actors, I decided to go with AKA (the first offer). Don't think I coulda gone wrong either way, though. And I'm stoked about what this could mean.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations man!!! That is awesome news. I'm buying you a beer or ten this weekend in Cabo to celebrate...

1:23 PM  
Blogger Adina said...

That is awesome.... I just got an offer from AKA too...

8:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home