Saturday, June 03, 2006

The biggest audition of my acting career (to-date)

As most of you know by now--because I've been telling everyone--this past Tuesday I had the biggest audition of my acting career (to-date). Not because of exposure (my NBC Pilot auditions get that credit), and not because of pay (weelll....let's just say there are some auditions I'd rather not discuss)(I'm kidding)--but because of a combination of my personal connection to the role, and the opportunity of the role at this stage in my career.

The audition was for a lead role in a budgeted feature film. In the words of the writer of the script, "it's a medical drama about a Canadian who compromises all his ideals (both as a Sikh and as a doctor) when he takes over a transplant center in Detroit".

When I got the script, I read it twice in one sitting. In the character's father I saw some of my own father, in his mother some of my own mother...in his story, I saw some of my own story.

When I showed up for the audition, though, even before I walked in the office building my confidence was sapped away. Walking just down the street, headshot folder in hand, was the lead character of the film. I mean, he looked the part, anyways. On my way over, I felt the part was mine to lose. Walking into the audition, I remembered that I'm not the only Sikh-American actor in Hollywood.

Anyways, by now you probably want to know how the audition itself went, huh?

Well, it went okay.

I mean, okay enough to get a callback :)

Wish me luck....

6 Comments:

Blogger Angel said...

Wishing all the best! You're very talented. Hope you get that callback and BOOK IT!

12:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's great man! Can't wait for your post about rocking the callback :)

7:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

man, what an intense title for this entry. you need to add "so far" at the end of it

10:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice -- good to see talent being recognized!

10:42 PM  
Blogger Seemachine said...

YOU GOT A CALLBACK?! amazing. so proud of you.

11:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome news dude. Let us know how round 2 goes.
-AM

4:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home